New York City isn’t the only place in NY to get your shopping done. North of the Big Apple are a few good malls and shopping centers that will leave your wallet a bit lighter. They are all wheelchair accessible and are great for a day trip.
1. Palisades Center, Nyack NY – Located off the NYS Thruway, this place has four floors of shopping, an IMAX theater, and a comedy club.
2. Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, Woodbury NY – Also located off the NYS Thruway, this is a great place to go on a nice day where you can enjoy fresh air while you shop. Everything is located outside, so there are no elevators to wait for.
3. The Westchester Mall, White Plains NY – Upscale shopping for name brands and concierge service make this an attractive place to shop in Westchester County.
4. Poughkeepsie Galleria Mall, Poughkeepsie NY – good place to shop up north in the Hudson Valley, also movie theaters and plenty of restaurants.
5. Hudson Valley Mall, Kingston NY – one of the largest shopping centers in Ulster County, includes all of your favorite brand name stores (Sears, Filenes, Target, Dicks), but is a bit smaller compared to other malls in the Hudson Valley.